Assisting Randalstown Community towards Harmony Empowerment and Success
Randalstown ARCHES Association was formed in 1995. It’s early work started with a strategy, developed after consultation with the local community. Some basic structures and services were put in place, starting with the community newsletter, Arches Outlook.
- The designation of Randalstown as a Conservation Area
- Illumination of the Viaduct
- Bridging the Divide with the Viaduct bridge
- Launch of Townscape Initiative
- Construction of ARCHES Mews
- Community Playground
- Development of the gap site in the John Street car park at the end of ARCHES Lane
- Annual organisation of the Christmas lights and ARCHES Festival
We have worked along with the local council to develop a Highway to Health Walking Route and worked with Randalstown Pharmacies to develop a Community Pharmacy Project which is ongoing.
As well as projects, ARCHES has also aimed to improve people’s lives through a range of training, education and community work provision. Over 4,000 people have gone through courses with ARCHES since 2001!
We provide community spaces including a good-sized hall which are available to hire for meetings, interviews, conferences, training sessions etc.
In its two properties, ARCHES House and ARCHES Mews, the Association provides commercial units and apartments for residential use.
ARCHES offer Business Services such as Photocopying, Printing, Faxing, Laminating and Scanning.